Unfortunately, Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA), is the leading cause of death in the United States. With SCA, promptness of care can mean the difference between life and death. As proof of this point, data shows that implementation of a proper Automated External Defibrillator (AED) program can increase the typical SCA survival rate from just 5% to a dramatically improved survival rate of 74%.
We can help.
A service provider of automated External Defibrillator management programs.
Owning an AED has never been easier. Whether your organization is deploying one or hundreds of AEDs, we can help you implement and manage the use of these life-saving devices.
- Of the 350,000 deaths, 7,000 are children.
- On average, EMS response time is 6-12 minutes.
- Survival rates drop 10% as each minute passes without defibrillation.
- When Sudden Cardiac Arrest occurs, the American Heart Association recommends defibrillation occurs within 3-5 minutes, or sooner.
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest affects more Americans than breast cancer, colon cancer, fireman’s, motor vehicle accidents, prostate cancer and colon cancer combined.
- An Automated External Defibrillator, together with CPR, is the ONLY way to restart the heart during Sudden Cardiac Arrest.
Giving you the proper resources
We ensure that you – the AED owner – are properly equipped to respond to Sudden Cardiac Arrest events. In addition to helping you save lives, we also help you comply with stringent laws and requirements that may apply to you, including medical oversight and direction, training certifications, ongoing documented maintenance, government agency notification, written policees, and post-SCA event services.
We are here for you
It’s our job to ensure that your organization has an AED program in place to keep you current with any and all legal requirements, and most importantly, to equip you to save lives when confronted with Sudden Cardiac Arrest events. This means that while we focus on what we do best – manage AED programs for our clients, you can stay focused on what you do best.
Your customized program is the central pillar of your program which includes:
- AED Tracking
- Battery/Electrode Tracking
- Documented Inspection Histories
- CPR/AED Certification Rosters
- Corresponding 911 Dispatch Centers
- Automated Emails (Inspections, Expirations, Alerts)
- Real Time Program Status Reports Available 24/7
AED Authority Canada offers an array of support services to properly implement and administer the key aspects of a public access defibrillation (PAD) program including:
- Risk and Legal Consultation
- Written Policies and Procedures
- CPR/AED Certification
- Automated Battery and Electrode Replacement
- Formalized Dispatch (911) Notification Letters
- Governmental AED Registration
- Site Assessment Evaluation
- Post Sudden Cardiac Arrest Event Services (Data Download and Physician Review)
Non-Profit public access to defibrillation (PAD) programs
AED Authority Canada adamantly supports non-profit PAD programs.
Non-Profit Public Access to Defibrillation (PAD) programs are after financed through local charities and fund-raising events. AED Authority Canada recognizes the management of AEDs and accessories can be a monumental task for the volunteers of these programs.
AED Legalities and Liabilities
AED Authority Canada is your subject matter expert and resource centre for legalities and liabilities when it comes to your AED responsibilities. We offer effective AED programs, which are developed to manage your liability risks. In addition, good samaritan immunity laws exist which may provide another layer of protection.
Many AED manufactures have requirements that must be followed in order to qualify for immunity. Examples of some of the operational requirements found in these statues include:
- Public Access Program oversight and direction
- AED Maintenance and ongoing records of this maintenance
- Written AED policies and procedures
- Agency notification of the type and placement of AEDs
- AED training
- Post Event Services
These laws, combined with a wider use of AEDs have drastically improved survival rates and had increased standard of care significantly.
AED Authority Canada continually monitors existing and new AED laws. With the laws continually changing, we are here to help you manage your liability needs. Currently there are more than 200 new AED Bills in front of various legislatures in the United States and Canada alone. For more information on how AED Authority Canada can simplify all your AED requirements please contact us today.