AED Authority Canada uses the Act+Fast Anti Choking Trainer which is worn by our students in CPR class to learn the Abdominal Thrust Maneuver ( Heimlich ). When performed correctly, a foam plug shoots into the air, making instruction realistic and leaving students confident.
1. Pull the vest on, cinch the waist belt and drop a foam plug into the ‘airway’
2. Place your hands in the correct position, between the navel and ribcage
3. Deliver a quick, upward Abdominal Thrust Maneuver (Heimlich)
4. The Act+Fast trainer can be used standing, sitting, on the ground or even for choking self-rescue by using a counter or chair
5. Caution: Do not use force, it is not necessary and may cause injury